February 19 to March 19, 2018 - Online
- Teams will have four weeks to navigate a structured design thinking process which will be outlined in detail.
- Teams will submit an eight-minute video outlining their preliminary idea by midnight (PST) on Monday, March 19th.
April 4 & 5, 2018 – On campus
- On April 4th teams will receive feedback from the mayor and other stakeholders on their video and napkin pitch, and have until the morning of April 5th to adapt.
- Teams will present their re-imagined idea to a panel of stakeholders the morning of April 5th.
- Winners of Round One will be announced at that time.
April 5 to 7, 2018 – On campus
All teams participate in this round which begins on the afternoon of April 5th. Teams will be presented with a second challenge which will require teams to:
- Conduct empathic research in Victoria,
- Share their research with other teams so as to build the collective capacity of all teams,
- Present their recommendations on April 7th.